Saturday, September 20, 2008

My travels through Boston...

My travels...

Well, I made things harder on myself, but I wouldn't skip my stops for anything. I got to see one of my best friends from college in Boston. We talked, laughed a bunch, saw the city, ate good food, and were blessed by each other's presences.

Thursday morning, I woke up to reorganize my belongings...they were in disarray, and of course a few things had exploded along the way. After doing the necessary, I walked from her apartment to Fenway Park where Amanda works for the Red Sox. I took a tour of the oldest ball park in the US (built in 1912) compliments of Amanda's boss. By the time is it was over, I not only had a head full of Red Sox trivia, but Amanda was able to take off from work.

We then made our way to Cambridge (which is just on the other side of the river) home of Harvard University. We walked through the main center of the campus, and then proceeded on to dinner.

Food and conversation can you find a better combination--it certainly is difficult.

We then made our way to Crema Cafe where we enjoyed a good cup of joe, and then headed back towards the subway after a detour into a shop or two.

We got off in the theatre district to find a desserts only place, however, we were coming up short and decided to ask a bellhop for some direction (good thing neither of us are a guy, right? Asking for directions...). He gingerly directed us to (turn on thick Boston accent here) Fin-all-ees. When we found the place, we discovered it was simply called Finale, you know, like the end of a theatre production.

Anyway, it was incredible. We split the Dessert Sampler, nine different miniature desserts-so delicious.

As I lay in bed, excited about what the next morning would hold, I was reflecting just how good God is. I know it is easy to be in love with Him when everything is going so well, your having a great time, and the best reunion with a friend you haven't seen in over a year, but I asked for the gift of love to be unconditional. I asked that He would gift me with a love that when things were going south in a flash flood sort of way that I not only would have that same love for Him but I would be able to recognize it even when the same blissful "feeling" wasn't there.

No comments: